The Access Control demonstration simulates using RFID tags to grant access to different buildings. You configure one or more tags to have access to one or more doors and then check each tag against each door. Only tags with access granted are permitted.
To configure a tag:
- Select the desired tag from the it the tag list. The tag name and ID appears at the top of the panel.
- Select a door from the Door pull-down menu.
- Enter a unique key for that door.
- Click the "Grant Access" button to configure the tag to access that door. For tags with memory, SkyeWare writes the door key to the tag. For tags without memory, SkyeWare adds the tag to the access list.
- Configure additional tags, as desired.
- Click "Check Offline" or "Check Online" to check a tag against a door. If the tag is permitted, it is granted access. If the tag is not permitted, it is rejected as having invalid credentials.
- Offline checks read the door key from tag memory. You can view this tag memory using the Memory demonstration panel. The demo use memory locations 40h through 6Fh.
- Online checks only verify that the tag is in the access list.