The Mifare DESfire Application Configuration panel lets you onfigure the selected application on the DESfire tag.
To configure an application:
- Select the access key number from the Key pull down menu.
- Type the application's authentication key into the Authenticate field.
- Click on the "Authenticate" button. This checks the key against the application key on the tag and authenticates the application if successful.
- (Optional) Click the "Delete" button to delete the application.
- (Optional) Reset the key used to access the application (Set Key area):
- Select the access key number from the Key pull down menu. (Use the pull-down in the Set Key area, not the one at the top of the panel.)
- Type the new key into the Set Key field.
- Click "Set". This resets the key.
- (Optional) Change the application settings (Settings area):
- Select key number from the Access Key pull-down menu.
- Click on the checkboxes for any of the settings that you wish to apply to the application.
- Click "Apply" to write the changes to the tag.
- Click "Discard" to erase the changes on the screen and restore the defaults. (This changes the display only and does not affect the application.)
- (Optional) Create a new application file (Create File area):
- Enter the one-byte file ID.
- Select the file type from the pull-down menu.
- Enter the file size in bytes.
- Click "Create" to create the file. The file appears in the Files list on the left side panel when you select this application in the Applications list.