The Read Range demonstration lets you see the range at which the antenna can detect different types of tags.
To use the range demonstration:
- (Optional) Select a tag type from the pull-down menu.
- (Optional for M7 and M9) Adjust the radio parameters to tune the reader to detect tags in your given environment.
- Press the "Start" button. This places the reader in loop detection mode. SkyeWare displays, "No tags detected."
- Place a single tag of the selected type near the antenna. SkyeWare displays the tag information and flashes the green light when it detects the tag. (A red light indicates a tag fault.)
- Move the tag away from the antenna to observe the range at which the reader detects it.
- Press the "Stop" button to end the test.