The Product Authentication demonstration simulates a vendor encoding a product tag with a signature and product policies and then a consumer using the product and verifying the policies.
To set up the product tag on the Vendor side:
- Hold a product tag in the detection field.
- Click the Security Enabled checkbox to encrypt the tag contents.
- Select an encryption key from the Key menu.
- Type a signature into the Signature field.
- Limit the number of uses by clicking the Limited Uses checkbox and selecting a number from the pull-down menu.
- Set an expiration date by by clicking the Expires checkbox and selecting a number from the pull-down menu.
- Click on the "Initialize" button. This sets up the product tag.
To test use of the product tag on the Consumer side:
- Hold the product tag in the detection field.
- Click the Use Security checkbox if the tag is encrypted.
- Select a key from the Key pull-down menu that matches the key assigned to the tag.
- Select the date from the Date pull-down menu.
- Click the "Verify" button to check that the choices match the policies set up for the tag.
- Click the "Consume" button to simulate consuming the product. This decrements the number of allowed uses set up on the Vendor side.
You can also perform these tests:
- To see how the application rejects false keys, select the wrong key on the Consumer side, and the click "Verify".
- To see how the application rejects expired products, set the date on the Consumer side to match the expiration date on the Vendor side.
- To see how the application enforces use limits, click the "Consume" button until the use limit is exceeded.
- To see how the encrypts product data, use the Secure Memory demonstration by selecting AES128 and SHA1 algorithms and then entering the matching key (e.g. all 0xAA values for Key A).