This article is a work in progress, and will continue to be for some time. For questions not answered here, please first search this support site, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions. Updated: 1/29/16
Start with an Evaluation Kit.
- The first step in getting started with the SkyeModule Nova is to purchase an evaluation kit. The kits are available through Digikey or Mouser or through SkyeTek directly. Please email email@example.com if you would like additional information on the Nova or its evaluation Kit.
Install SkyeWare 4
- Download SkyeWare 4 here
- Once SkyeWare is installed on your Windows machine, open SkyeWare
- Connect the SuperNova to the computer via the USB cable provided.
- Connect an antenna to the SMA port on the SuperNova
- Place a UHF RFID tag in the field of the antenna
- Tag should show up on SkyeWare 4
Try switching SuperNova antenna ports
Explore the Adaptive Tuning feature
- Inside of Skyeware 4, Click "Capabilities", then click "Protocol".
- On the protocol screen, use the "Command" drop down menu to send "Run FullTune Verbose"
- Balances the load between the Nova and any connected antenna
- Grab the latest version of SkyWare to learn more!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Explore Other Application Notes
- Set common reader configuration options, such as output power, FCC / ETSI Mode, frequency hopping rates, etc.
- Work with common RFID tag commands, such as select tag, read memory, or write memory