Nova Firmware 0x34 (0052) Release Notes
READ THIS FIRST!
At this moment, Windows 8 PCs can only update the Nova firmware via Serial COM port. If you do not wish to use a COM port, the Nova can be updated over USB on Windows 7 and Vista without issue. Please contact your sales representative if you have any questions or would like assistance with updating your modules.
Download the attached SHF file below and update your module using the latest version of SkyeWare over Serial or USB.
- Added Beta RSSI Support (see AP Note for details)
- Only accessible via the embedded SkyeTek protocol, API support coming soon
- Command will be unknown in older versions of SkyWare
- Added official support for 'Keyboard Wedge' mode
- Nova will appear as HID Keyboard to any USB host that supports HID (incl. Windows, OS X, and Linux)
- The Nova "types" the TagID of a found RFID tag to the host when it's inside it's read range
- Analogous behavior to USB handheld barcode scanners and able to perform as a drop-in RFID replacement
- Read the guide here: https://skyetek.zendesk.com/entries/78807725-Nova-Keyboard-Wedge-Mode
- Improved RFID tag sensitivity and read range
- Really Fixed Windows 8 USB issues with Sleep / Hibernate / Idle
- Optimized several communication interfaces
- Fixed issues with GPIO pins not triggering on message queued.